Recipe by Darlene10
This is a great hash brown recipe for the grill. This recipe came from a cooking show on the Canada Food Network called "Licence to Grill". I would cut down on the spices somewhat as I found the hash browns a little too spicey for my liking but these are the ingredients the chef used.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups of refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup finley chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to 350°.
- Place a large piece of tin foil shiny side up on the counter.
- Brush the foil liberally with melted butter.
- Place cold, but not frozen potatoes in centre of foil.
- Add onion.
- Toss lightly and drizzle the remaining butter on top of the potatoes and season liberally with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Fold opposite ends of foil up and over potatoes to form a pouch.
- Place the foil pouch on the grill for approximately 25-30 minutes or until potatoes and onions are tender.
- Turn the pouch once during the cooking period.
- Once they are finished sprinkle with parsley.