My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 equal-size wedges
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into 8 equal-size wedges
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, as needed
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the red and yellow onions, salt, pepper and olive oil and toss to coat well.
- 3Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- 4Arrange the onion wedges on the pan and cook until they are browned and tender underneath, about 5 minutes.
- 5Turn and cook until the onions are very tender, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- 6Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream until blended.
- 8Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 9In a 10-inch braiser or ovenproof fry pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, add the rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 10Pour the egg mixture into the pan and fold gently to combine the rosemary and eggs.
- 11Arrange the grilled onions on top, transfer the pan to the oven, and bake until the frittata is golden and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Onion Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 381.0 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.5 g