Recipe by Rhondapalooza
Assemble skewers the night before; brush them with the oil mixture before grilling
- 2 small onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 24 okra pods, trimmed (about 3/4 pound)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Divide each onion wedge into 2 equal pieces. Thread 3 okra pods, 2 cherry tomatoes, and two onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12inch) skewers. Combine olive oil, kosher salt and the remaining ingredients except for cooking spray in a small bowl, stiring with a whisk. Brush olive oil mixture over the skewers. Place the skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill skewers for 3 minutes on each side, or until tender.