Recipe by Mia #3
This is a very simple recipe, and very common here in Portugal, you will find it in most of the restaurants. I always enjoy having it at home, you can girll or B.Q it how ever way you like it best. I enjoy it both ways, you may serve it with boiled new potatoes (which is whats most common ) or with a black-eye pea salad. Nice crusty bread is a must to dip into the marinate. Hope you all enjoy it.
- 1 kg octopus (you may use more.)
- 1 teaspoon coarsed salt (or to taste)
- 1 bunch Smucker's No Sugar Added Orange Spread, fresh ciliantro finelly chopped
- 1 onion, finelly sliced in circles
- 2 garlic cloves, finelly chopped
- 1 -2 tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or to likening)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash octopus under running water to make it gets all cleaned. Place into a pot dripping wet, along with 1 whole onion in pot, and cover and let cook for about 30min. When onion is cooked so is the octopus.(it's an old trick and never fails) When octopus is cooked remove from pot and grill on both sides DO NOT OVER GRILL, or it will be too dry, or B.Q, basting with the following marinate. Mix the olive oil and vinigar together,along with garlic, and at this point for those who like it spicened up you may add what ever hot sauce you like, I usually add in a little of my homemade Pire-pire, its really hot. Brush a little on both sides and serve onto platter, with the rest of the marinate over top and sprinckled with the fresh ciliantro, and tomatoes.