Have you ever wondered...How do I get those perfect diamond grill marks on my steak, slightly crispy texture on the outside, and pink and juicy on the inside. Well it's simple. Salt and Rest. Bring the steaks to room temperature (about 20 to 30 minutes). If you put the steaks on the grill while they are cold they will cool the grill down quickly and you won't get a good sear... and that means no good grill marks. Don't salt the meat while it is cold or the salt will absorb the moisture from the meat and cause it to steam rather than sear on the grill. So after the meat has reached room temperature, then salt and pepper it and let it rest an additional 5 minutes at least. After grilling the steaks to your liking let them rest again for 5 minutes or so. If done right you will be a hit at the dinner table. Happy Cooking.
- Trim all excess fat off steaks to prevent flare ups.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Approximatley 400 degrees.
- Place Steaks over direct heat for 1 1/2 minutes then turn 90 degrees -- do not turn the steaks over yet.
- After 1 1/2 minutes turn the steaks over and let cook for another 1 1/2 minutes, turn 90 degrees let cook for a final 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from grill, let rest for 3 to 5 minutes and serve.