Recipe by catalinacrawler
this is not my own personal recipe, i added it for the zaar world tour game and now zaar reps refuse to remove it.
Top Review by diner524
I made this using a flank steak that I had in the freezer. Made the marinade up in the morning and let it marinate until about 6 pm. We enjoyed this and served it with potatoes, cucumber salad and corn on the cob. Made for ZWT 4. Thanks for posting!!!
- 4 (12 ounce) New York strip steaks
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steaks in a large baking dish and pour 1/2 of the chimichurri marinade over the steaks.
- Turn to coat the steaks.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Remove steak from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes on one side until golden brown, turn over and continue grilling for 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove from grill, let rest 10 minutes and serve with remaining chimichurri on the side.