Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
“The lemony flavor of the aioli really pops on grilled new potatoes. When shopping for your produce, look for the smallest potatoes you can find. The smaller they are, the more tender they will be.”— Bobby Flay
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- In a large pot of salted water, boil potatoes until just thoroughly cooked, but not completely soft, 10 to 15 minutes depending on size. Test by piercing a potato with a thin skewer; when the skewer meets some resistance but can slide all the way through, the potatoes are ready. Drain potatoes immediately and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Heat grill to high.
- Cut potatoes in half, brush the cut sides with oil, and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill potatoes cut side down until golden brown and just thoroughly cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place potatoes on a platter, drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle with chives. Serve warm.
My potatoes weren't that tiny so I cut them in quarters. I loved the lemon garlic aioli! Thanks!