These are wonderful! I serve these as dessert, but they could be served as an appetizer or side dish. Just wonderful! From Bobby Flay.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush the cut sides of nectarines with oil.
- Grill cut side down until caramelized and brown, about 2 minutes.
- Turn nectarines over and grill for 1 or 2 minutes more, until the flesh is almost soft.
- Place the nectarines cut side up on a platter and divide the cheese among the cavities.
- Drizzled with honey and grind fresh pepper over the top.
- Serve immediately.