Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are wonderful! I serve these as dessert, but they could be served as an appetizer or side dish. Just wonderful! From Bobby Flay.
- 6 large nectarines, halved and pitted
- canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush the cut sides of nectarines with oil.
- Grill cut side down until caramelized and brown, about 2 minutes.
- Turn nectarines over and grill for 1 or 2 minutes more, until the flesh is almost soft.
- Place the nectarines cut side up on a platter and divide the cheese among the cavities.
- Drizzled with honey and grind fresh pepper over the top.
- Serve immediately.
A simple appetizer or dessert blending sweet fruit, tangy blue cheese, and sharp fresh pepper. I used in-season peaches rather than nectarines, and cooked these inside in the broiler. I think they're best with just a touch of honey, not a dousing, or perhaps would be good with sprinkle of raw sugar instead. I had trouble turning one of them, so just let it cook cut side down the whole time, which turned out fine.
Very nice recipe, I didn't have any honey so I used maple syrup instead, they weren't as sweet as I expected, I think next time I'll serve them as a side dish with either pork or chicken.
Wow, what a great combo! Quick, easy, tasty and so yummy!