Recipe by Terri Juwan
Had lunch at the Blue Mesa Grill in Addison, TX...some of the best Southwestern food I have eaten...I didn't get to try this, but it sounds delicious. Their recipes are posted at bluemesagrill.com...all times are estimated.
Top Review by cindyloo
This dish had an interesting flavor. My husband's exact words..."This tastes like BB-Q pasta....." It was ok but I must admit I was a little disappointed it didn't taste better with all the ingredients this recipe called for as well as the semi-elaborate prep work involved. My suggestion would be to cut down on the chili powder a bit. It overpowers.
- 1 slice bacon, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels, fresh roasted, cut off the cobb (save a bit for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup light cream
- salt, to tasted
- black pepper, fresh ground to taste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, seasoned, grilled and cut into pieces
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil.
- Drop in the fettucine and cook until aldente.
- Drain in a collander.
- Meanwhile, saute' the bacon in a large skillet until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent -- do not let the garlic brown.
- Stir in the chile powder, tomato puree, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and boullion cube.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for about 4 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the ingredients thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of the roasted corn and the 1/2 cup water in a blender and puree.
- Add the pureed corn, 1/2 cup whole roasted corn kernels, and the cream to the skillet with the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the sauce to a low heat and add the pasta and toss until well-coated.
- Mound the pasta on individual plates and arrange chicken pieces on top.
- Garnish with grated cheese and a few roasted corn kernels.