Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a supermarket recipe card. Need a grill wok or basket to make these. You can also use an aluminum foil lined grill rack.
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs fresh mussels
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together shallots, red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and the olive oil in a small bowl.
- Lightly coat a grill wok or grill basket or aluminum foil lined grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Scrub mussel shells with a stiff brush, removing beards. Discard any opened shells.
- Sprinkle mussels with salt, pepper, and remaining lemon juice. Place on the grill wok, grill basket or grill rack.
- Grill mussels, covered with grill lid, 7-10 minutes or until shells open. Discard and unopened shells.
- Transfer mussels to a large dish and pour the shallot mixture over the mussels, stirring gently to coat; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I had some mussels that needed using and I didn't feel like doing a lot of work or heating up the house. I had never considered grilling mussels before until I stumbled across this recipe. DH said, "grilled mussels? How do you grill mussels?" at which point I showed him these easy to follow steps. We halved the ingredients to accommodate 1 lb of mussels. This worked fine. The grilled mussels turned out perfectly and we really enjoyed the shallot sauce. Thanks for expanding our horizons!
Quick, easy, and flavorful!!!!!!!! Says it all