1/1 Photo of Grilled Mussels With Red Wine and Chorizo
Quick and easy dinner for two! Adapted from Hurley's Restaurant & Bar in Yountville, Calif. Serve with fresh, thick grilled bread to mop up the broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces spanish chorizo, chopped (pre-cooked)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 lb mussels
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, diced (1/2 stick)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat grill over medium high heat.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat; add olive oil, shallots, garlic, and chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are softened, about 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in the red wine and cook until it reduces by about half, 3to 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- 4Using a wire basket, place mussles on the grill until they just begin to open, then transfer to the saute pan.
- 5Heat the pan over high heat until the liquid boils; stir in the tomatoes, parsley, and butter.
- 6Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mussels With Red Wine and Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.0
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 1193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 34.6 g