Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy dinner for two! Adapted from Hurley's Restaurant & Bar in Yountville, Calif. Serve with fresh, thick grilled bread to mop up the broth.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces spanish chorizo, chopped (pre-cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 lb mussels
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced (1/2 stick)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat grill over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat; add olive oil, shallots, garlic, and chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and cook until it reduces by about half, 3to 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Using a wire basket, place mussles on the grill until they just begin to open, then transfer to the saute pan.
- Heat the pan over high heat until the liquid boils; stir in the tomatoes, parsley, and butter.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
These were fabulous, we loved the sausage and tomato in the broth with mussels, my DH scrapped up every last bit. Super easy, I skipped the grilling and just steamed the mussels in the pan. We'll be making this again, thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch