Recipe by threeovens
Quick and easy dinner for two! Adapted from Hurley's Restaurant & Bar in Yountville, Calif. Serve with fresh, thick grilled bread to mop up the broth.
Top Review by momaphet
These were fabulous, we loved the sausage and tomato in the broth with mussels, my DH scrapped up every last bit. Super easy, I skipped the grilling and just steamed the mussels in the pan. We'll be making this again, thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces spanish chorizo, chopped (pre-cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 lb mussels
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced (1/2 stick)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat; add olive oil, shallots, garlic, and chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and cook until it reduces by about half, 3to 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Using a wire basket, place mussles on the grill until they just begin to open, then transfer to the saute pan.
- Heat the pan over high heat until the liquid boils; stir in the tomatoes, parsley, and butter.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.