This is a nice way to serve mussels to your garlic loving guests. Prepare early and have them on the baking sheet ready to go. Then when your guests arrive.. just pop them into the broiler and serve with cocktails or serve as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs mussels (about 60 mussels)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chervil or 2 teaspoons dried chervil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (made from firm-textured white bread)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese
- 1Scrub the mussels under cold water, trim off the beards.
- 2Place the mussels in a large pot, add the wine, cover and bring to a boil over moderately high heat.
- 3Steam until the shells open, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat; discard any mussels that did not open.
- 5In a medium bowl, blend 1-1/2 sticks of the butter with 2 TB of the garlic, 2 TB of the parsley, the chervil, and 1/4 tsp of the pepper.
- 6In a small saucepan, melt the remaining butter.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1 TB garlic, 3 TB parsley, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- 8Add the cheese and stir in the melted butter to moisten the crumbs.
- 9Preheat the broiler.
- 10Pull off half of each mussel shell.
- 11Spread about 1/2 tsp of the garlic butter over each mussel and sprinkle evenly with the bread crumbs, pressing down gently so they adhere.
- 12Place the mussels on a baking sheet in a single layer and broil until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.1
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 1450.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: