Recipe by Cadillacgirl
I got this sent to me by a friend I met in Barcelona! Easy tapas!
Top Review by magpie diner
You really get a limey zing with these, pairs nicely with the chili - makes me think more Mexican than Spanish, but whichever way you look at it, they taste great. I was a little worried about them being dry, but they weren't. I'd be tempted to make a little more of the dressing next back and hold it back to toss with the cooked mushrooms after - so there is lots of the tasty sauce to go around. I probably cooked mine longer than the recipe states, so I had no problem with them being underdone. thanks Cadillacgirl!
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 lime, grated rind and juice
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 12 large flat mushrooms
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, garlic, lime rind and juice in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- arrange the mushrooms stalk side down on a grill pan and cook under a preheated grill as close to the heat as possible, for about 3-4 minutes until they are beginning to moisten.
- Flip them over and cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving plate and pour dressing on them and leave to cool to room temperature!