PSU Lioness's Note:
Most everything tastes better grilled, and portabella mushrooms are no exception! This recipe uses only 2 teaspoons vinaigrette, but there are plenty of other uses for it beyond dressing a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium fresh portabella mushroom caps (3 1/2-4 inch)
- 4 red onions, slices (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons reduced-fat salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- roasted red pepper, patted dry
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1Heat closed medium sized contact grill for 5 minutes.
- 2Place mushrooms on grill. Close grill; cook 4-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove mushrooms from grill.
- 3Place onions on grill. Close grill; cook 4-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from grill.
- 4In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and vinaigrette; spread over bread slices.
- 5Top 4 bread slices with mushrooms, cheese, onion, bell pepper and basil.
- 6Top with remaining bread, mayo side down.
- 7Place 2 sandwiches on grill.
- 8Close grill; cook 2-3 minutes or until sandwiches are golden brown and toasted.
- 9Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mushroom Pepper Whole Wheat Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 512.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers