Recipe by Nif
This is an other awesome recipe from Barbecues Galore. "Grilled bananas are pure awesomeness. Definitely not 'low-fat' but it's awfully delicious. Combine with some ice cream for a dessert that you will love." Enjoy!
- 6 bananas, whole, not peeled
- 3 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- zest of one orange
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- chocolate syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the bananas on the grill. Use direct, medium heat and grill until the bananas are thoroughly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat up your frying pan and toast the coconut and sesame seeds until they begin to brown. Set aside.
- Remove the blackened bananas. They shouldn't be so burnt that they're completely mushy.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add grated ginger and orange zest. Add Grand Marnier and lime juice.
- Ignite the concoction and flare off some of the precious alcohol. Once extinguished, keep enough heat on the mixture so that it stays warm.
- Split the bananas in half and remove from the skins. Place 2 halves on each plate. Be gentle! Evenly spoon on the hot mixture from your saucepan.
- Top with shredded coconut and sesame seeds.
- If using chocolate sauce, drizzle it over the completed dish.