Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's getting ot be that time of the summer when you may need some new ideas for what to do with those summer veggies in your garden. Here's an idea for your grill that is sure to please. Cuisine at Home suggests you serve this dish with couscous. Prep time includes time to soak the wooden skewers.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 lemon, juice of
Add and Marinate
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into chunks
- 3 fresh pineapple, 1 inch thick rings, cut into quarters
- 12 asparagus, cut into 3 inch lengths
- Soak 12" wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine parsley, oil, garlic, seasonings, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add vegetables and pineapple to the marinade. Let stand at least 10 minutes before skewering.
- Thread vegetables and pineapple onto soaked skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; spray grates with nonstick spray.
- Lightly coat both sides of vegetables with nonstick spray.
- If using a gas grill, turn off one side; on a charcoal grill, push the coals to one side.
- Lay the skewers on the grate with the vegetables over the hot side, handles over the cooler side.
- Grill, covered, until vegetables are cooked and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Turn, baste with any remaining marinade, and grill 2-3 minutes more.
Great recipe! My husband who is not a veggie eater also loved it. I did not use skewers but grilled the vegetables in my grill pan. I changed the amount of cinnamon to a pinch.
What a great recipe for grilled veggies! I put everything in ziploc (w/o the asparagus) in the morning and grilled for dinner. I used a foil pan not the skewers. Fast, easy, and so much flavor-a great addition to a Moroccan meal including Grilled Moroccan Chicken, Moroccan Vegetable Salad, Moroccan Sesame Potatoes. Thank you for a great recipe!!!
These were wonderful! I had thought that they might be spicy, but they were not. I marinated the vegetables much of the day, but the flavor was quite delicate yet noticeable ... liked by the children and adults. I had a little trouble spearing the asparagus without splitting it, so use the fattest spears you can find. The vegetables all complimented each other and the pineapple was a crowning jewel of sweetness. Definately worth the extra work for a company meal.