Recipe by Bev
It's getting ot be that time of the summer when you may need some new ideas for what to do with those summer veggies in your garden. Here's an idea for your grill that is sure to please. Cuisine at Home suggests you serve this dish with couscous. Prep time includes time to soak the wooden skewers.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 lemon, juice of
Add and Marinate
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into chunks
- 3 fresh pineapple, 1 inch thick rings, cut into quarters
- 12 asparagus, cut into 3 inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 12" wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine parsley, oil, garlic, seasonings, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add vegetables and pineapple to the marinade. Let stand at least 10 minutes before skewering.
- Thread vegetables and pineapple onto soaked skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; spray grates with nonstick spray.
- Lightly coat both sides of vegetables with nonstick spray.
- If using a gas grill, turn off one side; on a charcoal grill, push the coals to one side.
- Lay the skewers on the grate with the vegetables over the hot side, handles over the cooler side.
- Grill, covered, until vegetables are cooked and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Turn, baste with any remaining marinade, and grill 2-3 minutes more.