Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Make and share this Grilled Moroccan Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Toast peppercorns, cumin & coriander seeds, and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring, 1 minute until fragrant.
- Grind into coarse powder using small food processor, grinder, or mortar & pestle.
- Add garlic and 2 teaspoons salt. Mix into a paste & transfer to large bowl.
- Add onion, zest, juice, oil and parsley. Add chicken & turn to coat.
- Cover & refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bowl; scrape off excess marinade. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Grill, turning, 25 minutes until cooked through.
I used leg and thigh quarters instead of breast and increased the cook time about 15 min because of that. I grilled semi-indirectly over gas with a wood box full of mesqeite chips. I also ommitted the cinnamin (yuck!). It was fantastic!