Prep 6 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A quick easy summertime meal from Bon Appetit. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise
- 2 chicken legs
- 4 chicken thighs
- Mix first 8 ingredients together to make the marinade.
- Add chicken pieces, turn to coat and chill 4-6 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cook on grill, basting with sauce about 15-20 minutes until juices run clear.
This was really good - tons of flavor. I used less oil.
I love Moroccan food, and I love this chicken! I'm Somersizing, and all I had to do to convert the recipe is to leave out the sugar. I made up the marinade and then tossed it into a ziploc bag with two chickens cut up into small pieces. A few hours later I tossed the marinaded pieces on the grill, and the smell of cinammon and cumin had all my neighbors asking me for a taste!