Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
A very healthy and exotic way to prepare chicken. Goes great with couscous and a fresh green salad.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (the best quality you can get)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (, white part only)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine oil, scallions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper in the container of a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Rub the mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts and let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium hot.
- Grill chicken breasts 5-7 minutes on each side, or until done.
After months and months of trying recipes on Recipezaar, this one is hands-down, THE winner. I baked it (large semi-frozen chicken breasts) in the oven @ 375 degrees for 45min and it turned out moist and flavorful. Will be making this for company.
Well - let's do one word for this one - WOW! That's it! :) I placed all items into a gallon freezer bag, then added chicken, and let it marinate for 2 hours. Grilled the chicken, and served it alongside carrots piedmontese (#24156), zucchini ribbons w/ basil butter (#34110), swiss chard w/ feta cheese (#11548)...a fabulous meaal - and fairly low-carb. THIS is a keeper! I'm keeping this in mind for times when company comes on short notice - WONDERFUL - thank you!
This is my absolute favorite chicken recipe. I usually save some of the marinade to add to plate for dipping. I've grilled, broiled, baked and even used my Foreman grill for this recipe and it always come out great. Thank you for sharing!!!