Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like green olive tapenade, you may enjoy this sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons green olive tapenade
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices seeded rye bread
- 8 -10 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced (or other mild white cheese, such as Havarti or Edam)
- olive oil, for brushing bread
- In a small bowl, mix the tapenade and mustard together.
- Lay out the bread; spread 4 slices on one side with the tapenade mustard to taste.
- Top with the cheese and the second piece of bread, then press together well.
- Lightly brush the outside of each sandwich with olive oil.
- Brown in a panini press or heavy nonstick skillet, weighted down to press the sandwiches as they brown.
- Cook over medium-high heat until lightly crisped on the outside and the cheese is melting within.
- Serve hot and sizzling.