Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Pillsbury Quick Cooking, this sandwich goes together quickly.
Make and share this Grilled Monte Cristo Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- To assemble sandwich, top 1 slice of bread with turkey, cheese and ham.
- Cover with remaining slice of bread.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwich in beaten egg, turning to coat both sides.
- Cook sandwich 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Top sandwich with strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
This is a very yummy sandwich that has the general taste of a monte cristo with a fraction of the fat and calories. However, not frying the sandwich makes it considerably different than a monte cristo. Having that said, you should still try this delilsh sandwich. Yummy! Next time we are having them for breakfast with syrup ontop instead of jelly. That is what my son did today and I gotta tell ya, there was not a drop left. Thanks Lazy. Made for photo tag.
This is such a great sandwich. The strawberry jam tastes just wonderful with the turkey and cheese combination. I love the French toast effect as well. Delicious!