Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We made these last summer and idiot me didnt post the recipe--I found it yesterday during my big recipe clean. It's originaly from Cooking Light, and it's reeeeally good! Add a second serrano pepper if you like "bite".
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 serrano pepper, minced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 4 slices vidalia onions (1/4 inches thick) or 4 slices walla walla onions (1/4 inches thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 crusty French rolls
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl combine the first six ingredients.
- Whisk well, cover and chill.
- In a heavy duty freezer bag combine the 1 T. fresh mint, 3 T. lime juice, 3 T. dark rum, 1 t. cumin, and the minced garlic.
- Seal bag and shake well.
- Add the pounded chicken breasts.
- Press out air and seal.
- Marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Place the onion slices on the grill.
- Grill for 4 minutes.
- Place the chicken on grill.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and onions.
- Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is done-it cooks fast.
- Remove chicken and onions from grill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut rolls in half and grill for 1-2 minutes-just until toasted and light brown.
- To assemble-.
- Spread chilled dressing on bottom halves of toasted rolls.
- Top each with a chicken breast, then onion, tomato and lettuce.
- Top with the toasted roll tops.