1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
We made these last summer and idiot me didnt post the recipe--I found it yesterday during my big recipe clean. It's originaly from Cooking Light, and it's reeeeally good! Add a second serrano pepper if you like "bite".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 serrano pepper, minced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 4 slices vidalia onions (1/4 inches thick) or 4 slices walla walla onions (1/4 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 crusty French rolls
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1In a small bowl combine the first six ingredients.
- 2Whisk well, cover and chill.
- 3In a heavy duty freezer bag combine the 1 T. fresh mint, 3 T. lime juice, 3 T. dark rum, 1 t. cumin, and the minced garlic.
- 4Seal bag and shake well.
- 5Add the pounded chicken breasts.
- 6Press out air and seal.
- 7Marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- 8Prepare grill.
- 9Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- 10Place the onion slices on the grill.
- 11Grill for 4 minutes.
- 12Place the chicken on grill.
- 13Grill for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 14Turn chicken and onions.
- 15Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is done-it cooks fast.
- 16Remove chicken and onions from grill.
- 17Season with salt and pepper.
- 18Cut rolls in half and grill for 1-2 minutes-just until toasted and light brown.
- 19To assemble-.
- 20Spread chilled dressing on bottom halves of toasted rolls.
- 21Top each with a chicken breast, then onion, tomato and lettuce.
- 22Top with the toasted roll tops.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mojito Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 572.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: