Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This looks so good and easy! It is wonderful for company or not. Courtesy of Giada De Laurentis.
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and halved
- 4 bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- almonds, toasted and chopped (garnish)
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Make simple syrup first:.
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Take pan off heat and cool the syrup before using.
- *Any extra cooled syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Now prepare fruit:.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss the fruit in the sugar to coat.
- Grill over medium heat, until a golden crust begins to form on the fruit, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the mint(if using) lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Arrange the fruit on a serving platter, drizzle the mint syrup over top, and serve.
- Garnish with almonds.