Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Miso marinade adds a rich flavor to this country-style grilled chicken. Thigh meat stays moist and tender, but boned chicken breasts are delicious, too
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (usukuchi shoyu)
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 2 green onions, crushed and slivered
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, skin intact
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for a few hours, keeping it refrigerated.
- Grill the chicken over hot coals until done; or it can also be sauteed in a skillet. Either way, it's delicious! Serve with sticky rice.