Prep1 hr 15 mins
My mom makes miso every year and this is one of the first things that we make with her miso. The recipe (with a variety of differences) is readily available, but I tend to go with the most simple versions of things, so this is what we use. The grilling/broiling instructions are a bit vague, but grills are different enough that the operator should use whatever method they think is most reasonable, just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn. Burnt miso is not a good thing. Prep time includes marinating time.
- Mix together the soy sauce, sake, mirin, miso, onions, ginger and garlic in a shallow dish.
- Place chicken pieces into marinade, turn to coat well and marinate for 1 hour, turning several times.
- Preheat grill so that it is very hot.
- This can also be broiled in the oven, turning only once halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve with steamed rice.