1/3 Photos of Grilled Miso Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My mom makes miso every year and this is one of the first things that we make with her miso. The recipe (with a variety of differences) is readily available, but I tend to go with the most simple versions of things, so this is what we use. The grilling/broiling instructions are a bit vague, but grills are different enough that the operator should use whatever method they think is most reasonable, just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn. Burnt miso is not a good thing. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the soy sauce, sake, mirin, miso, onions, ginger and garlic in a shallow dish.
- 2Place chicken pieces into marinade, turn to coat well and marinate for 1 hour, turning several times.
- 3Preheat grill so that it is very hot.
- 4This can also be broiled in the oven, turning only once halfway through the cooking time.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- 6Grill the chicken until cooked through and juices run clear.
- 7Sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Miso Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 1000.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 34.8 g