Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Turn off the stove and fire up the grill.
- 10 ounces meatloaf mixture
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Heat grill.
- In a large bowl with hands combine all ingredients except ketchup. Divide mixture in half; shape each half into free-form loaf about 4 inches long and 1 inch thick.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place meat loaves on gas grillover medium-high heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from medium-high coals. Grill 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink in center and outside is crusty, turning once or twice and brushing with ketchup. Pass additional ketchup to serve with meat loaves.