Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have had this recipe for years. I take half the 4lb bag of thighs and save for other use then I throw this marinade right into bag with remaining thighs. Back into freezer it goes. When ready to use I let the whole bag thaw in fridge overnight in the marinade. The following night my chicken is marinaded and ready to go on grill!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I like Grey Poupon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients and pour over frozen thighs and put back in freezer, or,.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over thawed chicken and marinate at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Rub your grill grates with oil or nonstick spray before pre-heating as the sugars will cause the chicken to stick.
- Baste and turn chicken every ten minutes till no longer pink in center (grilling time will depend on size of your chicken).
- My family loves to dip so I have boiled the remaining marinade and reduced to 3/4 then served on side. It is strong so it is a matter of choice.
This was very good...smelled wonderful. I made the marinade and let the chicken marinate in refrigerator all night...I would never let raw chicken sit at room temperature as I think that is unsafe...great marinade though...we loved it..
i made this recipe in the oven -also added some small onions to the roasting oan.It was delicious and I will be making it often.