Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jicama, a crunchy, slightly-sweet root vegetable, adds a cool accent to this festive, Mexican dish. It's a fabulous addition to any summer barbecue. From W.W.
- 4 medium corn on the cob, husked
- cooking spray (1 spray)
- 6 medium radishes, red, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jicama, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium mango, ripe, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced into eight slices
- Preheat stovetop grill pan or an outdoor grill. Lightly spray corn with cooking spray and grill until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice off kernels with a knife into a large bowl.
- Add radishes, jicama, mango, cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper to bowl; mix to combine.
- Place 2 slices of tomato on each of 4 plates and top each with 3/4 cup of corn mixture.