Top Review by Twiggyann
YUMMY! I'm sooooo not a salad person, but I wanted to try something different and my husband likes this type of salad so I gave it a shot. LOVED it. Based on other reviews, I halved the recipe and it still made enough for supper tonight and lunch tomorrow. I didn't use avocados or olives because we don't care for them and used 1/2 a head of iceberg lettuce, but I followed the recipe (halved) otherwise. This is definitely going to be a make again and again recipe. Thanks!
- 1 lb marinaded boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup black beans (drained)
- 1 cup white corn, drained (canned or frozen)
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) candrained and sliced olives
- 5 -6 chopped green onions
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 3 -4 tablespoons taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill chicken breasts on grill, on low heat till centers are no longer pink (times will vary depending on grills).
- In a large bowl put in lettuce, black beans, corn, onions, olives, avocados, cheese, and cooled chicken.
- Toss and set aside.
- Mix dressing w/ taco seasoning, set aside till time to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss w/ cheese and dressing until all ingredients are incorporated and serve.
- Time does not include cooking time.