My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In shallow non-metal pan or dish, combine orange juice, chili powder, cumin and garlic; mix well.
- 2Add chicken breast halves; turn to coat well.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 4If marinating chicken for more than 15 minutes, cover and refrigerate.
- 5Meanwhile, heat grill.
- 6Cook rice as directed on package, omitting margarine and salt.
- 7When ready to grill, oil grill rack.
- 8Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- 9Place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals.
- 10Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
- 11Thinly slice each chicken breast half.
- 12Serve over hot cooked rice; top with salsa.
- 13Broiler directions: Marinate chicken and prepare rice as directed above.
- 14Line broiler pan with foil; spray rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- 15Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- 16Place chicken on sprayed rack.
- 17Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
- 18Serve as directed above.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mexican Chicken over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 33.5 g