Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the LA Lite Cookbook. It sounds very similar to Tequila Lime Chicken, but without the tequila. This recipe will be my next grilled chicken dish to try.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 29.58 ml cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4.92 ml morton lite salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and pounded (I cut through a boneless breast lengthwise to get two thin cutlets)
- 14.79 ml sour cream, fat free
- Combine the first nine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for as little as 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Grill the chicken over medium heat until just cooked through, being careful not to overcook as they will dry out. Serve with a squirt of lime and a dollop of fat-free sour cream.
I cut the recipe in half and cut through the breast like suggested...this made enough for 4 servings...we really enjoyed the flavor...I used a whole jalapeno in hopes of getting the heat factor...but that didn't happen just got the flavor...I served this fajita style...after cooking I sliced in thin strips...served it with a homemade Mexican rice and refried beans...yummy...thanks for sharing your recipe...=)
This is an AWSOME recipe! I followed the directions for the marinade and added about a quarter cup of silver tequila (I don't measure most of the time). The flavors are complex and subtle. This is definitely a keeper!
Excellent yum factor. I let mine marinade for 4.5 hrs and got very well flavored chicken. The marinade takes a very few mins to mix up and them I just sealed the the chicken into the bag I mixed and marinade in. Then rubbed it all around and put it in the fridge until time for cooking. Really tasty served with coconut and lime rice and a simple green salad.