Recipe by Sharon123
Wow, these look fantastic and taste as good as they look! Serve with Grilled Pita Salad for a great meal straight from the barbeque! From Woman's Day magazine,1999.
Top Review by dicentra
YUMMY! I made this last night for ZWT2. I baked mine because I don't have a grill and that took 30 or 40 minutes. Fabulous easy recipe. The rub tastes almost like an Indian curry, but sweeter. Very nice blend with the greasy (in a good way) game meat. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) Cornish hens, halved, backbone removed with kitchen shears
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spices in a small bowl.
- Rub all over hens and grill immediately, or cover airtight and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Heat barbecue grill.
- Place hens, skin side down, 4 to 6 inches above heat source.
- Grill 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until meat is opaque near the bone and juices run clear when thigh is pierced.
- Serve with lemon wedges.