Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
To bake the crisps in the oven, place the bread slices on an ungreased cookie sheet, top as directed and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until crisp. If you prefer, you can substitute ripe olives or green olives for the kalamata olives. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 12 slices French bread
- 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- fresh oregano leaves, if desired (optional)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix butter and cheese; set aside.
- Place bread on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill, cook 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread cheese mixture over toasted sides of bread.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Place bread, olive sides up, on grill.
- Cover; cook 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with oregano leaves.
This was a really delicious appy for us today on Father's Day. Instead of butter, I used olive oil. Great, simple, very direct flavours.