Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For Zaar world tour - will be making this very shortly!
- 2 lbs lean lamb
- 2 large onions
- 3⁄4 cup minced flat leaf parsley ("Italian")
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 rounds day-old arab bread
- 450 g yogurt
- 2 tablespoons meat broth or 2 tablespoons bouillon
- bell pepper, tomato, parsley
- Put the meat, onion and parsley through the meat grinder, add the milk and spices and mix well by hand. Form into walnut-sized meatballs, flatten them slightly and grill them - preferably over charcoal.
- Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes, cook them to a sauce in butter.
- Toast the bread, break or cut it into small pieces, and put it in the bottom of a warmed dish.
- Spoon the tomato sauce and meat broth over the bread.
- Beat the yogurt and pour it over the bread, then arrange the meatballs on the bed of yogurt. Garnish with slices of tomato, pepper pieces and more chopped parsley.