Grilled Meatballs in Yoghurt Sauce —kujtah Lataniyyah
- Put the meat, onion and parsley through the meat grinder, add the milk and spices and mix well by hand. Form into walnut-sized meatballs, flatten them slightly and grill them - preferably over charcoal.
- Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes, cook them to a sauce in butter.
- Toast the bread, break or cut it into small pieces, and put it in the bottom of a warmed dish.
- Spoon the tomato sauce and meat broth over the bread.
- Beat the yogurt and pour it over the bread, then arrange the meatballs on the bed of yogurt. Garnish with slices of tomato, pepper pieces and more chopped parsley.