Recipe by PanNan
This recipe is from the Houston Chronicle. The smell of the bay leaves, while grilling, is wonderful. Throw some on the fire, too, for great aroma-therapy! The time indicated does not include time to prepare the grill.
- 2 lbs pork or 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 15 -20 bay leaves, preferably fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the grill for a moderately hot fire and place rack about 4 inches from heat.
- If using wood skewers, soak in water while you prepare the meat.
- Toss meat with oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Skewer meat alternately with bay leaves.
- If leaves break, secure by pressing between meat chunks.
- Grill meat 2- 5 minutes per side, depending on heat and how well done you like your meat.
- Remove and serve.