Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Houston Chronicle. The smell of the bay leaves, while grilling, is wonderful. Throw some on the fire, too, for great aroma-therapy! The time indicated does not include time to prepare the grill.
- Prepare the grill for a moderately hot fire and place rack about 4 inches from heat.
- If using wood skewers, soak in water while you prepare the meat.
- Toss meat with oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Skewer meat alternately with bay leaves.
- If leaves break, secure by pressing between meat chunks.
- Grill meat 2- 5 minutes per side, depending on heat and how well done you like your meat.
- Remove and serve.
Nothing like grilling on a fall day. We agree this was excellant! The bayleaves gave it a nice touch. This is a keeper.
This was EXCELLENT! I used my metal skewers cause "me" and wood ones just don't work. I also tenderized stew meat. I love kabobs and always bring home store made ones and they are so expensive. Now I know better. Thanks for a great recipe.