Recipe by Abby Falck
Seasoned ground meat is packed around skewers and grilled for this classic Middle-Eastern dish. This recipe was published by my grandmother-in-law's Armenian Orthodox church. If you're using beef, don't use leaner than 85/15 fat percentage or the kebabs will tend to fall apart. You can find a recipe for Syrian pepper in my profile, or substitute a 50-50 blend of ground pepper and allspice.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon syrian pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pack handfuls of the meat mixture onto skewers to form cylinders about 1" thick.
- Grill uncovered over high heat, turning the skewers as the meat browns, until the kebabs are brown on all sides and the meat is cooked through, around 10-12 minutes. Serve with rice pilaf and salad.