Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
It sounds like an odd and maybe disgusting combination but this marinade will give you the juiciest, most mouth-watering meat! My husband and I even make it frequently in the winter. It almost tastes like the grilled chicken at Cracker Barrel. Prep time includes 2 hour marinading time.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb chicken or 1 lb turkey breast
- In large bowl combine marinade ingredients.
- Add meat; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill meat until juices run clear.
VERY tasty and everyone in my family loved it! I marinated for 8 hours and it was a bit salty, I might cut down marinating time next time I make it--but it will be made again!