Recipe by Mercy
For the salsa, the fruits and bell peppers should be chopped into 1/4-inch dice. If you want a milder salsa, omit the jalapeno seeds.
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1⁄4 cup diced pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup diced papaya
- 1⁄4 cup diced mango
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄3 teaspoon jalapeno, finely diced, with seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For the salsa, combine all fruit, vegetables and herbs in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whip with a whisk until well combined and all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour liquid over fruit and vegetables and toss until well combined.
- In a stainless mixing bowl, combine water, soy sauce, pineapple juice, sugar and lemon juice; whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour marinade over chicken and swirl until all chicken breasts are covered; cover bowl and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill about 4-5 minutes, turning once and grilling other side 4-5 minutes until center temperature reads 160°F.
- Serve chicken topped with spoonful of salsa.