Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mashed potatoes with grilled potatoes. Delish! I'd like to introduce you all to the Klondike Rose potato. I'm sure you are familiar with Russet potatoes, baby red potatoes...what they look like, how to cook with them. But don't pass these guys up in the produce department. I love that you don't have to peel them because their skin is really thin (and also gives great texture to mashed potatoes, like these here!) Once cooked, they are creamy, smooth and have a buttery texture. As you'll see below, they have a creamy golden colored skin. They are great for pretty mush every cooking type (roasting, mashing, baking, and grilling)...so that's why I decided to grill and mash them. :) Here's how it goes...
- 5 lbs klondike rose potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon johnny's sea salt seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chives, and mix-in (to garnish)
- Toss the quartered potatoes with the seasoning salt and olive oil.
- Place in a grill basket and grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Toss often to prevent burning.
- Once soft, mash the potatoes with a potato masher and mix in butter and milk or sour cream. Top with chopped chives or other mashed potato mix-ins of your choice.
- Serve Grilled Mashed Potatoes Recipe with your favorite grilled meat and/or veggies.