Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gourmet. Feb 1990.
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini, scrubbed (each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic paste, the lemon juice, the vinegar, and pepper to taste and whisk in the oil.
- In a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the zucchini in one layer combine the zucchini, halved lengthwise, and the marinade and let the zucchini marinate, covered and chilled, turning them several times, overnight.
- Grill the zucchini on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals for 8 minutes and brush them with some of the marinade.
- Turn the zucchini, grill them for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they are tender, and transfer them to a work surface. (Alternatively the zucchini may be grilled in a ridged grill pan.) Slice the zucchini diagonally.