Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. Time does not include marinating, which is 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together three tablespoons of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the steaks and rub in well over both sides. Allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to two hours.
- Grill steaks until desired doneness is reached. I like mine medium rare.
- While steaks are grilling, sauté mushrooms and onions in butter and remaining oil with a pinch of salt and pepper over medium-high heat for about five minutes. Add the blue cheese.
- When the steaks are ready, smother with mushrooms and blue cheese.
I'm so bad. I taunted my neighbors with the smells of these steaks. Oh, in my photo, there's actually a steak underneath. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.