Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The secret to this outstanding shrimp is the tomato paste and seasoned salt, you can double the complete recipe but keep the fresh garlic at 2 tablespoons. Plan ahead the shrimp will need to marinade for 2 hours, but no more than that or the acid in the fresh lemon juice will start to "cook" the shrimp!
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, leave the tails attached)
- wooden skewer
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (or the juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons louisinana hot sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients until well blended (remove 3-4 tablespoons to brush on the shrimp while cooking).
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add in the shrimp, seal bag and toss to coat the marinade with the shrimp.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water 30 minutes before threading.
- Set grill heat to medium-low.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers piercing once near the tail and once near the head; discard the marinade.
- Grease the grill grate.
- Cook shrimp for about 5 minutes per side or until opaque, brushing frequently with the reserved marinade.