2 hrs 10 mins
The secret to this outstanding shrimp is the tomato paste and seasoned salt, you can double the complete recipe but keep the fresh garlic at 2 tablespoons. Plan ahead the shrimp will need to marinade for 2 hours, but no more than that or the acid in the fresh lemon juice will start to "cook" the shrimp!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, leave the tails attached)
- wooden skewer
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or the juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons louisinana hot sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1In a bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients until well blended (remove 3-4 tablespoons to brush on the shrimp while cooking).
- 2Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add in the shrimp, seal bag and toss to coat the marinade with the shrimp.
- 3Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4Soak the wooden skewers in cold water 30 minutes before threading.
- 5Set grill heat to medium-low.
- 6Thread the shrimp onto the skewers piercing once near the tail and once near the head; discard the marinade.
- 7Grease the grill grate.
- 8Cook shrimp for about 5 minutes per side or until opaque, brushing frequently with the reserved marinade.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Marinated Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 278.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: