Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The secret to this outstanding shrimp is the tomato paste and seasoned salt, you can double the complete recipe but keep the fresh garlic at 2 tablespoons. Plan ahead the shrimp will need to marinade for 2 hours, but no more than that or the acid in the fresh lemon juice will start to "cook" the shrimp!
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, leave the tails attached)
- wooden skewer
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (or the juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons louisinana hot sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients until well blended (remove 3-4 tablespoons to brush on the shrimp while cooking).
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add in the shrimp, seal bag and toss to coat the marinade with the shrimp.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water 30 minutes before threading.
- Set grill heat to medium-low.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers piercing once near the tail and once near the head; discard the marinade.
- Grease the grill grate.
- Cook shrimp for about 5 minutes per side or until opaque, brushing frequently with the reserved marinade.