Prep 3 hrs 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes the best shrimp! Remove from skewers and serve on a bed of pasta with sauce for a great meal.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- wooden skewer, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once neat tail and once near head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil gill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.