Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from an old cookbook. This dish is very fast and easy to prepare. Very healthy and looks elegant! I always have these ingredients in my home. I serve this with a salad and a country style rice.
- 4 (7 ounce) salmon steaks, wiped dry
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients. Pour over salmon steaks in a shallow dish. Cover and let marinate 2-3 hours refrigerated.
- Drain salmon, reserving marinade and lime slices for garnish. Grill steaks in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat a few minutes on each side. (I prefer baking in the oven at 350F for 25 minutes - it's ip to you).
- Baste fish throughout cooking with marinade. Cook just until flesh is barely opaque through; flesh should be soft rather than firm.
- Serve garnished with reserved lime slices.
We enjoyed this easy and different salamon recipe which we served with recipe#324518. Thanks for sharing!