Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the Junior League cookbook "Generations" in Rockford, IL. Has jalapeno and crushed red pepper flakes for those who like it hot.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, piece, minced
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- Combine the jalapeno pepper, ginger, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a plastic food storage bag.
- Add the pork tenderloins and marinate overnight; drain.
- Oil the rack on the BBQ and make the flame medium. Pat the meat dry and grill the whole tenderloins for 8-10 minutes on each side, turning once until just cooked through; do not overcook.
- Let stand on a carving board, covered loosely, for 5-10 minutes. Cut lenghtwise into thin slices and serve.