- 2 lbs pork belly
- 1 head garlic, cloves crushed
- 1⁄2 cup 7-Up soda or 1⁄2 cup Sprite
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (preferably white cane vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
for vinegar-soy dip
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup vinegar (preferably white cane vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 sliced finger chili (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice pork belly lengthwise about 3/4 in wide.
- Combine garlic, sprite or 7-up, vinegar, sugar and pepper in a bowl. Pour over pork belly. Cover and marinate 3 to 4 hours in fridge.
- When ready to cook, drain pork. heat grill to medium and grill pork until thoroughly cooked, about 15 to 20 mins on the first side and 10 mins on the 2nd side.
- To make the vinegar-soy dip, combine the dip ingredients and mix well.
- Serve the grilled pork withe the dip and cooked rice.