Recipe by JillAZ
from BC Grilling made easy. Note: prep time reflects 1 hour marinating time.
Top Review by Boomette
I followed the recipe as stated. And I marinated the mushrooms maybe 3 hours. I guess it was too much. The mushrooms tasted too much the lemon. I'm sure 1 hour is enough. And not more. Or use less lemon juice. We like the taste of lemon but in this it was overpowering. Thanks JillAZ :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1/4 t. dried)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 t. dried)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb large white mushroom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large zipper bag, mix oil,lemon juice, herbs and garlic. Add cleaned mushrooms; Seal and mix gently to coat mushrooms with marinade.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour but not longer than 8 hours.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade. You can skewer them or place them right on the grill.
- Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning several times.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.