1/1 Photo of Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops With Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a really simple and delicious meal. Since lamb chops can vary so much in size, please adjust cooking times accordingly. For the tomatoes, a disposable aluminum pan works really well. Cook time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together honey, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper and transfer to a sealable plastic bag.
- 2Add lamb, then seal bag, pressing out excess air and turning to distribute marinade.
- 3Marinate lamb, chilled, turning occasionally, 1 hour.
- 4Bring lamb to room temperature.
- 5Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill and on lid.
- 6Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 7When fire is medium-hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds), grill lamb on lightly oiled grill rack, turning once, about 4 minutes total for medium-rare.
- 8Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered.
- 9Cook tomatoes (still on vine, if using) in disposable roasting pan, covered with grill lid, carefully turning, until softened and just beginning to split, about 8 minutes.
- 10Drizzle balsamic vinegar over tomatoes, turning to coat, then cook, uncovered, until vinegar is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from grill.
- 12Bring reserved marinade with any lamb juices accumulated on platter to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, covered.
- 13Drizzle lamb with marinade and serve with tomatoes.
- 14Cooks' note:
- 15Lamb and tomatoes can also be grilled in batches in a lightly oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat (tomatoes will take less time to soften, about 3 minutes).
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops With Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.8
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 408.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 32.6 g